PAH SHORTNESS OF BREATH PATIENT CHECKLIST:
Shortness of breath can be a symptom of many health issues, including pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
Review these questions with your doctor if you have shortness of breath.
1. What causes shortness of breath?
2. What disease(s) might it signal?
3. What tests are used to nd out what is causing my shortness of breath?
4. Which tests are best for diagnosing pulmonary hypertension?
5. Which tests should I have?
6. How and where are they conducted?
7. What will the tests tell us?
8. If I do have pulmonary hypertension, what happens next?
9. What can I do to prevent shortness of breath while I’m being tested and evaluated?
10. If the diagnosis is PAH, is there a treatment?
Be prepared to answer your doctor’s questions about your symptoms, including whether or not you are experiencing:
□ CHEST PAIN
□ WEIGHT LOSS
□ NIGHT SWEATS
□ SWELLING IN ANKLES, LEGS, OR STOMACH
□ HEART PALPITATIONS
□ TROUBLE BREATHING WHEN LYING FLAT
□ WAKING UP UNABLE TO BREATHE
□ COUGHING UP BLOOD