THE PH MEN'S PHIGHT CLUB SCHOLARSHIP
KEVIN LEE Burger PH Men's PHight Club Fund
phaware in collaboration with Actelion Pharmaceuticals, US, Inc. and the PH Men's PHight Club are awarding a minimum of 16 scholarship grants in the amount of $400 exclusively to members of the PH Men's PHight Club facebook PH Men's Support group.
These grants will allow PHight Club members to attend the 2018 International Pulmonary Hypertension Conference taking place June 29-July 1 in Orlando, Florida.
About The Kevin Lee Burger PH Men's PHight Club Fund:
Thanks to a fundraising effort by Actelion employees in which they held bake sales and raffles to raise PH awareness, thousands of dollars in funds were earmarked for the PH Men's PHight Club to provide scholarships for their members in need to attend the 2018 International Pulmonary Hypertension Conference in Orlando.
phaware would also like to give special thanks to PHight Club member, Lane Benningfield, whose visit to Actelion U.S. headquarters made quite the impression with their staff when he shared his PH story.
phaware has also set up a dedicated link on our www.phaware.global/donate page to ensure future donations made on behalf of PHight Club members are flagged to this account to allow it to grow.
Kevin Lee Burger designed the PH Men's PHight Club for the benefit of all Male Patients and Male Caregivers. We will keep on with the PHight in his honor!
About PH Men's PHight Club:
"The PH Men’s PHight Club facebook PH Men's Support Group was established for Male Patients and Male Care Givers of all PH Patients. As male patients, members of PH Men's PHight Club have very different issues than women therefore felt the need for a group to allow for topics that men may not feel comfortable talking about in a coed forum.”
How to Apply:
- Fill out the Application Form below
- Applicants MUST be members of PH Men's PHight Club
- Awards are designed to help offset the cost of registration, travel and lodging fees
- Applicants MUST submit proof of conference registration
- Send proof of registration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 16 Awards in the amount of $400 will be awarded via a randomized drawing (minimum of 16 to be awarded)
- One name will be announced every Friday starting in February until all awards are claimed
- Awardees have up to 14 days to accept awards or funds go back into drawing pool
- Awardees MUST commit to share their story with phaware (via a podcast or onsite interview during conference)
- Members (or family members) of phaware global association's Board or Medical Advisory Board, PHight Club Admins or Employees of Actelion Pharmaceuticals, US, Inc. are not eligible
Share Kevin's Story:
Kevin Lee Burger shares his story about being diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, the importance of PH awareness and the reasons that led him to create an online support system to meet the needs of men diagnosed with this rare disease - The PH Men's PHight Club on facebook. This interview was recorded in June, 2016. Kevin passed away on December 15, 2016.